Vancouver, CANADA, May 12, 2020 – WISI, a leading provider of carrier-grade video delivery solutions, announced that it has redefined and expanded the Inca IP Video Platform with a new single SKU chassis, updated modules and upgraded software features. This shift gives operators new control and functionality to manage linear and ABR video services, to help expand subscriber reach, decrease time to market, and reduce overhead costs.
The entire Inca family of products is now available in a single modular platform; users can deploy transcoding or IP delivery features through available modules and licenses in a power-efficient 1RU chassis.
Video operators can continue to deploy all the great features and functionality they were accustomed to within the Inca product family. This includes 8VSB or ASI to IP delivery, ABR transcoding at a market-leading cost per stream, and linear transcoding between MPEG-2, MPEG-4, and HEVC.
“We continue to invest development resources into the Inca IP Video Platform to streamline deployment for video operators and provide a smooth path for upgrading services as business needs change,” said Sharen Sandhu, VP of Product for WISI America.
New software features include:
- SRT send and receive – deliver high quality, low-latency video across unpredictable networks with or without transcoding
- HLS package and origin server – automatically create HLS playlists from ABR transcodes for delivery within contained networks
- Advanced deinterlace feature for ABR – clean up any problem sources before transcoding to multiple bitrate profiles to remove interlacing artifacts
- Increased number of direct outputs – demultiplex programs from MPTS sources and output up to 144x IP streams per chassis
- Flex transcode licenses for ABR and MPEG-2 – allow users to configure transcodes for HD/SD sources directly in VidiOS™
VidiOS™ is an award-winning monitoring and management tool and is automatically included within the Inca platform. Features include integrated analytics, extensive statistical analysis, video thumbnails, and stream sample download.
“We focus on making flexible products that simplify running a video headend while cutting down on troubleshooting time,” said Sandhu. “The newly consolidated Inca platform will help operators save significantly on power consumption and operational costs. The Inca IP Video Platform can easily replace multiple racks of equipment with one chassis.”
Founded in 1926, WISI has consistently innovated video reception and distribution technology for nearly 100 years. With customers in more than 150 countries, WISI helps video distributors minimize operating costs while maximizing the scale and efficiency at every point in their network. For more information on WISI’s Inca, Tangram and Chameleon product families, visit www.wisi.tv.
For more information please contact Rosalinda Thorleifson, Tel. +1-604-998-4665 ext. 2028 or firstname.lastname@example.org